Sunday 7 October 2012

STASH #8: Sydney!


 This is a special post with deals I got from my recent trip to Australia, Sydney! Sydney is really a beautiful, safe country, with fantastic weather and sunny beaches. Cost of living, however, was a little on the high side though. Our taxi ride from airport to the hotel is almost 70 aussie bucks! *faints*
Each meal we ate there was close to 20 bucks per pax. So I didn't expect to find cheap stuff there, but I did! *pat on my back*

Gloss Bun Enhancer (size s) @ $3.95AUD

I bought a bun enhancer at a flea market previously but they only have one size and I was disappointed because I have fine and thin hair, which was not sufficient to fully cover the bun enhancer inside. So when I spotted this from the glass window, I immediately went in to get it. Indeed it was the right size for me!

Some of the bun designs you can make with the bun enchancer -taken from Gloss website

mine!



Equip Necklace $7AUD


Nail Polish at a budget store near Paddy's Market $2AUD each

Pendant chain from Jay Jay's $2AUD




Models Prefer 'The Classic Compact' and 'The Must Have Shadows Compact' from Priceline 
$4AUD each

One of my best buys in Sydney, I spotted this in Priceline, a beauty, health and wellbeing shop similar to Watsons. I haven't tried the products yet, but hmm.. how bad can it be? 



Chi Chi Lipstick (Bombshell) from Equip $18.95AUD

I knowwwww... this is not exactly cheap. It was my last day at Sydney, I haven't been able to find much cheap stuff to buy and felt the itch to buy something in case I regret, and since the salesgirl was nice and friendly to find a suitable nude lipstick for my skin colour, I decided to just buy it. Phew.

Because of my fair skinned, nude wasn't suitable for me (I looked like a dead corpse kept in the freezer), so she recommended this dusty pink nude colour from Chi Chi, which comes with a lipgloss below. The texture is really creamy and long lasting, 'enriched with beeswax, calendula, vit E, evening primrose and jojoba oil. The only down side is that somehow the cap is really lose and tend to slightly open up inside my cosmetic bag. 

Just in case you are looking for lipsticks in sydney, and is budget conscious, you can also find much cheaper lipsticks at Equip, going for about $4AUD per stick. There are also other affordable cosmetics as well.

I shopped at Queen Victoria Building, a classic and elegant shopping mall along George Street. Take the escalator down to the basement to find Gloss, Equip and other shops that cater to the younger adults at affordable prices.









No comments:

Post a Comment