Wednesday 10 April 2013

STASH #43: Eyeliner Review

Ask me one make-up product that I cannot live without and my answer would be EYELINER. It's like the best make-up invention, especially for Asian eyes and single eyelids. Just a stroke of the brush and you get immediate big, wide eyes!


Maybelline Gel Eyeliner


This is one of the first eyeliner I tried and fell in love with. I still remembered i started out with pencil eyeliner, was easy to use but smudge easily with my oily eyelids. Maybelline Gel Eyeliner is affordable, easy to use, with a strong colour! It's waterproof but not smudge-proof, and cannot draw thin strokes. Nonetheless, it does not smudge as much as pencil and the texture is thick enough to last through a long day. Comes in black and brown as well! Brown is good for days with light make-up!


Kate Liquid Eyeliner



This is the first liquid eyeliner i tried. I love the fact that it has 2 sides - an ultra thin brush for super fine lines and a crayon-like brush which smudges brown colour. This eyeliner is easy to use because the tip is so thin, you can slowly paint your eyelids and cover up flaws easily since the surface area is smaller.
For a more smokey effect, use the crayon-like brown side to line my bottom lids near the waterline.

However, downside is that the colour does not come out strong on the lids and it's rather difficult to remove. Everytime after removal, there is still a light layer of eyeliner mark that seems too stubborn for removal.



Nature Republic and Missha Eyeliner


My bro helped me to buy these liquid eyeliners from Korea and they are both quite awesome! Ultra thin brush, strong eyeliner colour and dries very quickly. In order to put the products into test, I used both eyeliners, one for each eye for a few days to see what's the difference.

In terms of application and colour, Nature Republic's eyeliner does a better job. The colour was darker, and glides through my lids evenly and smoothly. Missha's not bad too just that I find the appplication a little uneven and I had to go over one more time to smoothen the colour out.

On days where I only had sun screen on my face, my lids tend to get oily easily, causing the eyeliner colour to run. As I wipe through the eyelids, the Nature Republic's eyeliner could be rubbed off easily, while the Missha's one stays on better.

I tried both eyeliners on again, this time with eye primer, and both managed to stay on better, though the Nature Republic's one still seems less smudge-proof.


My favourite? I'm in a dilemma. I'm using all of these concurrently depending on occasion and convenience!

No comments:

Post a Comment