Thursday 25 July 2013

STASH #62 : Avene Products


Sorry for the lack of updates! Have been busy lately! Gonna introduce to you this brand called Avene, which I personally came across a few years ago and have been using the cleanser since then.  After that I moved on to try their other products, so read on to find out what I've to say about them!




Cleanance Gel Soapless Cleanser

Soap-free cleanser eliminates impurities and excess sebum without stripping the skin.
Skin Type: Oily, Blemish-Prone

• Deep cleansing action purifies without stripping the skin
• PH 7.2 respects the skin’s natural balance, minimizing the trigger of excess sebum production
• Pleasant fragrance tolerated by sensitive skin
• Soap-free
• Avène Thermal Spring Water to soothe and soften skin
• Hypoallergenic and non-comedogenic

My review: Love this product because since I started using it, I hardly had any breakout or even pimples after that. It is very light on the skin, and makes my skin feels fresh, clean and free from oil for a long period of time. This brand and product is also recommended by skin doctors and with thermal spring water as the main content, I'm sure it is good for your skin!







High Protection Mineral Cream SPF 50

100% mineral, broad-spectrum sun protection cream for even the most sensitive and intolerant skin. Avène "White" sun care offers 100% mineral, chemical filter-free sunscreen products to provide broad spectrum UVA/ UVB protection without irritation. It is safe for even the most sensitive skin.

Skin Type:
 All Skin Types

• 100% mineral sunscreen provides non-irritating protection
• Enriched with patented Pre-Tocopheryl (a photostable form of vitamin E) for powerful antioxidant protection
• Innovative Titanium Dioxide nano-particles offer ultra-fine mineral screen  with excellent cosmetic qualities
• Lightly tinted to ensure blendable coverage
• Highly water resistant; retains SPF after 40 minutes of activity in the water
 Hypoallergenic and non-comedogenic

My review: I like it that it is water resistant with 50 SPF for good protection, and safe for sensitive skin. However, I'm not a fan of tinted sunscreen - unless it is suppose to act as a foundation base as well, because it does not blend smoothly onto all skin types. Tried it out on my boy's face and it just made his pores even more obvious and the cream was uneven on his face. This situation usually happens when the cream is tinted or/and thick. Works okay for me and it's good that it doesn't cause me to perspire more in this sunny and humid weather. But it does feel a little heavy on the skin, especially after pressing more foundation powder on my face.


Soothing Eye Contour Cream

Light weight eye cream relieves under-eye puffiness and moisturizes the eye area.
Skin Type: All Skin Types
  • • Soothes and relieves under eye puffiness 
  • • Hydrates and soothes the sensitive eye area 
  • • Provides moisture and antioxidant protection 
  • • Smoothes expression lines
  • • Ophthalmologists tested for safety 
  • • Fragrance-free and preservative-free 
  • • Avène Thermal Spring Water soothes and softens the skin 
  • • Hypoallergenic and non-comedogenic

My Review: My first eye cream after I started putting more and more eye makeup on a daily basis. It is important to start looking after your skin, especially the eye area more as we grow older and as we start applying makeup because the skin around the eye is more sensitive and thinner, making it more fragile. It does feel good, patting a small amount around the eye area before bedtime. It is important that you choose a product that is hydrating to reduce puffiness as well. The only negative thing I have for this is that after a few months after use, the cream seems to start to secrete a transparent layer of oily substance which smells a little bad as well. I'm not sure what causes the reaction, or if the cream is suppose to be like that. But it happened to my first tube, which I discarded it after that, and now it's happening to my second tube. 

Images and details on products were taken from: http://www.aveneusa.com

No comments:

Post a Comment