Thursday 1 August 2013

STASH #64 : Leg and Feet Care with Scholl

 
Would like to introduce 2 Scholl products that have become essential in my life since I love shoes yet many pretty shoes have to be so painful when worn. Especially when in heels.
 
First one would be Scholl's Heel Leather Liners. I've seen too many ladies with injured and scarred back heels. Some shoes, especially when they are new and stiff, tend to "bite" our feet, causing our poor feet to bleed and we have to continue to walk in them! Now I always try to line all my shoes with these liners right from the beginning to prevent my heels from being more injured than it already is.
This is great because it is made from leather, has a thick layer of cushion and is super sticky on all shoes! It is about 5 bucks per pair, a little pricy if you are gonna get one for every pair of shoes, so sometimes I do get brandless substitutes from shoe shops (some shoe shops do sell or even give them for free! just ask!) or from Diaso, but of course the quality is different. Most of the cheap ones don't stick well and the ones from Diaso does peel off after a while. So you have to pay for quality. Get them if you know you are gonna wear the shoe often!
 
DescriptionImproves the fit of loose fitting shoes. Has soft cushioning leather for optimum comfort. It is shaped for a comfortable fit around the heel which prevents heel slip and friction. Ideal for all types of closed footwear. Quick and easy to fit.
Directions TextEnsure heel area of shoe is clean and dry. Remove heel liner from backing paper. Fix firmly in heel of shoe with the long curved edge uppermost. Allow 8 hours before wearing.
 
 
Second best buy would be Scholl's Pressure Point Foam Padding.
 




DescriptionScholl Pressure Point Foam Padding reduces pressure and friction, and relieves pain immediately. The material can be cut to suit any part of the foot or shoe to give cushioning protection to heels, toes etc and is particularly useful for sports footwear. For closer fitting shoes Scholl Sore Spot Moleskin is available.


Directions TextFeet should be clean and dry. Cut foam to the required shape and remove backing paper. Apply and press firmly to ensure foam is securely attached. In case of broken skin, apply over a first aid dressing.

information taken from http://www.scholl.com

This foam padding comes in one big piece for you to cut into whatever sizes you require for different parts of your feet. As instructed and shown on the product, it is mainly used to stick onto the skin. I find that quite wasteful so I always stick them on my shoes instead. haha. As I have bunion problem, the front of my feet hurts often when in covered shoes. So I cut these foam pads into small pieces and line them at the front of my covered shoes, near the toes area, as well as the side where my bone structure juts out due to my bunion. It solves my problems instantly! Sometimes it is difficult to find which are the points that hurts because different shoes are made differently. So I usually carry readily cut out pieces with me and stick them inside my shoes as and when I feel a bit of pain. This way, I can accurately find the points that troubles me too.

The foam padding is very sticky as well, so you don't have to worry about them falling off. You can cut them in bigger pieces to be used as a substitute for the heel leather liners too! And best of all, this is cheaper. About $3.60 at Watsons, Guardian or at certain departmental stores.

No comments:

Post a Comment