Tuesday 25 June 2013

STASH #57: Cosmo Cream Straightening at JEM Shunji Matsuo

JEM is finally opened!!! Super excited for westies like me cos finally it's cool to hang out in the west, in Jurong! Gone were the times where I need to go town to shop. With IMM, Jcube and JEM, I can shop happily and reach home in 3 MRT stops away!

Went over to peek at the shops during a weekday and boy, there were so many people! They were also very considerate by providing many sofa seats for the elderly and tired shoppers. After 2 visits, however, one thing I dislike is the lack of coordination and lousy directions given by the traffic controllers at the carpark/loading unloading bay area. I waited for my boy for more than 20 minutes because he was stuck outside of JEM, trying to get into the carpark. If the carpark is full, fine, I suck it up and wait. But I checked the carpark and there were not many cars driving around and there were empty lots! Reason for the wait? Bad control of the traffic. Why let delivery lorries to park in the middle of the road ( I witnessed that during my first visit), unload stuff and block the traffic, resulting in cars having to wait to get to the carpark? Carpark and loading/unloading bay are in separate locations for a reason, right? And 20 minutes is way too long.

Anyway, enough of ranting, during my first visit, Shunji Matsuo was having a 50% discount for any chemical treatment + haircut. Plus after consulting the friendly staff at the counter, she introduced this cosmo cream straightening, which is perfect for my fine and frizzy hair - similar to soft straightening but the ends are not super straight, hair not so flat, but more natural looking. Including haircut, the whole package is only around $165 nett. Cheap!!

So I booked an appointment and went back a few days later. haha. As I was saying, the staffs were all very friendly and approachable. Hairstylist helped to throw my food trash away and explained to me about the treatment he is gonna do and go through the price with me again before starting. Knowing I was rushing for time, he got another colleague to help out in applying the treatment and blow my hair so that I could leave for my next appointment on time. He also taught me how to blow dry my hair properly for a curved in ends, how my hair shape should be like to suit my face shape and how I should tell the hairstylist to cut my fringe the next time if I go to another salon after that. Like really??

Since they were so nice, I also became thick-skinned and requested for a iPhone 5 charger since my phone was totally flat already. And their staff gladly lend it to me! *applaud*

Anyway, if you are in need of straightening/curling/highlight/colouring, do check out Shunji Matsuo at JEM this month for the discounted price! Thumbs up for the service and final result!


*I've stopped blogging here but you can find me at www.mabelkohhz.blogspot.com for more updates!

No comments:

Post a Comment