Friday 28 June 2013

STASH #58: L'Oreal Elseve (Elvive) Extraordinary Oil



Many have been raving about this new hair oil by L'Oreal and I just gotta try it! In fact I've always been a fan of L'Oreal Elseve Smooth Intense Anti-Frizz Serum after being introduced to hair serum products to tame unruly hair. My dad saw the amazing effects of the hair serum a few years back and immediately converted, ditching his olive hair oil.

After watching the review on clicknetwork.tv Tried and Tested video, I was determined to get my hands on this. Went to a few drugstores and supermarkets and the shelves were all emptied! Seriously?!
Finally managed to get one at a Guardian store at Tiong Bahru Shopping Mall. *victory sign*

The product comes in a sleek, classy looking glass bottle. Definitely looks good but I would have preferred a plastic bottle so that it is lighter (it's quite heavy!) and more travel-friendly.

First, let's talk about the ingredients and what it claims to do.

1. This miracle oil treatment contains 6 flower extract oil, namely lotus, tiare, rose, flax, chamomile and marticaria.

2. After application, your hair will be luxuriously nourished and richly protected that is sumptuously smooth, radiantly shiny with an ultra-lightweight non-greasy finish.

3. Vertile in use, you can use it before shampooing/conditioning, wet/damp hair or throughout the day - practically means anytime, anywhere.


Upon application, the oil does get absorbed into the strands of hair easily. I use about 1-2 pumps for my long hair because I have really fine hair, and after stroking the oil through my hair a few times, the oil just miraculously disappeared into it.

It does controls the frizziness in my hair quite well too although sometimes when the weather gets too humid, my hair starts to become hay-wired again. I guess that can't be helped. Would love to show before/after pictures too, but... I just straightened my hair so a bit no point.

Perhaps because of the flower extract, the oil comes in a mild light vanilla-like smell which I do not really fancy. But it is not that of a big deal la.

One thing I noticed is that the oil which sometimes dripped to the sides of the bottle, will kind of 'coagulate' into a semi-solid jelly-like form. I guess this is where the protection comes in? With a layer of oil that covers each strand of hair, keeping them well-nourished and protect them from the harsh weather and heat.

At $23.50, this hair oil is definitely value for money and worth trying.



For me, personally I like to apply the oil at night before I sleep - to prevent tangles in my hair, and in the morning before I leave the house - for shiny, easy maintained hair for a day out!


*I've stopped blogging here but you can find me at www.mabelkohhz.blogspot.com for more updates!



No comments:

Post a Comment